Rocket Science VFX is an internationally recognized studio, collaborating with top tier film and TV clients to design and create compelling stories and images. Our credits include Hannibal, Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, Hell on Wheels, Killjoys, Into the Badlands and The Expanse.
Rocket Science VFX is currently seeking an IT Support Specialist to join their west Toronto studio. The IT Support Specialist is a computer support associate who will monitor and maintain the computer systems of the studio and provide problem diagnosis and technical support for the users in a mixed windows/mac/linux environment.
Candidates with a background in Visual Effects are highly desirable.
Responsibilities and Work Duties include:
- Designing, installing, configuring and testing computer hardware operating systems and applications;
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks;
- Administering servers and network services AD, DNS, DHCP, SMB, NFS;
- Maintaining backups of key computer systems;
- Administering network switches, network storage and associated tape backup, virtual server infrastructure, email technologies, firewall.
- Talking staff through a series of actions, either face to face or over the telephone to help set up systems or resolve computer or application issues;
- Troubleshooting system and network problems and diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults;
- Replacing or upgrading computer parts as required;
- Providing user support, procedural documentation and relevant reports;
- Following diagrams and written instructions to repair a fault or set up a system;
- Supporting the roll-out of new applications and updates;
- Setting up new users’ accounts and profiles and dealing with password issues;
- Prioritizing and managing many open cases at one time;
- Researching, testing and evaluating new technology or business processes.
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Experience working with networking, switches and routing technologies;
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science and/or Information Technology or equivalent professional experience;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work independently, multi-task and prioritize tasks;
- Experience or certification in Windows/Linux platforms;
- Experience working in TV or post-production is desirable;
- Experience in the installation, configuration and troubleshooting of relevant software packages including Maya, Houdini, Nuke, VR Ray, and other industry-specific software is desirable.
Thank you for your interest in Rocket Science VFX. Please note that only those who meet the requirements will be contacted for an interview. No Phone Call Please. We are always interested in meeting motivated and talented artists.