Are you an experienced pipeline developer looking for your next challenge? Are you a strong collaborator with excellent technical skills? If so – let’s chat!
As the Senior Pipeline Developer, you will be a key member of our growing Pipeline team. You will spend your days
- designing, developing, testing, and maintaining VFX production pipeline custom software tools and components. The pipeline supports large environments, complex fx simulation and our rapidly growing creature department.
- reporting to the Pipeline Lead but working closely with the CTO, Pipeline Architect, CG Supervisors, and other leads/supervisors to help engineer solutions (tools and workflow) for pipeline enhancements and fixes
- investigating bugs/issues with existing tools, while designing and implementing fixes and features as needed
- mentoring and providing guidance to junior members of the team
- assisting in production floor support
- working directly with artists to investigate and address urgent issues related to custom pipeline tools
You must have:
- 3+ years of experience in feature animation or VFX production pipeline technology
- a Computer Science Degree (or equivalent), or 5+ years experience in production pipeline technology work
- proficiency in Python
- proficiency in Linux shell scripting, specifically bash scripting
- proficiency using one or more industry-specific vendor software applications: Maya, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, etc.
- proficiency with one or more vendor Scripting APIs: MEL / Maya Python, Katana, Houdini, Nuke, etc.
- proficiency with writing Shotgun Python API scripts, as well as managing Shotgun site configurations and Shotgun projects using the Shotgun web UI
- proficiency working with one or more renderers (e.g. Renderman, Mantra, Arnold, etc.), and experience with renderer specific file formats (e.g. .rib files, “.ass” files)
- a strong understanding of production processes and artist workflows within film and television visual effects pipelines
The following are also considered nice-to-have:
- experience in software development using one or more C-style programming languages
- experience in writing compiled vendor application plugins or extensions
- experience writing renderer specific shaders
- proficiency working with one or more render queue managers (e.g. Deadline, Qube, Tractor, etc.), and experience with writing custom render job submissions
- experience with workflows based on Pixar’s USD scene description language
If this sounds like you, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Be sure to include “Senior Pipeline Developer” in the subject line.